Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: U.S. Corporations in Argentina - closed fortresses
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

U.S. Corporations in Argentina - closed fortresses

this caught my eye while i was out for a walk this afternoon...



this is a photo of united technologies' (a big, BIG defense industry player, btw, e.g., blackhawk helicopters) subsidiary's, carrier corp., offices in the municipality of vicente lopez, just outside the capital district of buenos aires proper... it's basically a fortress... notice the armored, garage door-style front entrance that can be lowered down and secured... notice the iron mesh that is bolted in front of the building's windows all the way up to the 4th floor... i'm not here to tell you that non-u.s. corporations in argentina are just wide open, y'all come, but i thought this was a bit telling...

if and when i remember, i'll have to grab a photo of the ironclad fortress that serves as citibank's argentina hq down in the city center...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page