Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Saturday photoblogging: Lago Nahuel Huapi
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Saturday photoblogging: Lago Nahuel Huapi

a week ago today, i arrived back in buenos aires after 5 nights spent in one of the most beautiful areas of the world it has ever been my privilege to visit... the photos couldn't possibly do it justice, but perhaps they will give you a flavor... all are taken from the road up to the piedras blancas recreation area above the town of bariloche in the province of rio negro, argentina... all are of lago nahuel huapi, an enormous, glacially-formed lake that is the centerpiece of the parque nacional nahuel huapi...







from top to bottom, the view pans from the southeast to the northeast to the north-northwest... in the first photo, the town of bariloche spreads out along the near lakeshore from the center of the photo to the far right... like i said above, they simply don't do justice to the breathtaking reality...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page