Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Tomorrow begins the first anniversary of the most disgraceful disaster response episode in US history
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, August 25, 2006

Tomorrow begins the first anniversary of the most disgraceful disaster response episode in US history

(think progress has the complete katrina timeline here...)



i was right here in buenos aires, glued to cnni the entire time, breaking off only to eat and sleep... for the most part, i alternated between two intense emotions as i watched events unfold - intense rage at seeing my country's government and its worthless president paralyzed as a city was destroyed, and wracking sadness and grief at the plight of those affected by it... yes, the hurricane was tough enough to deal with, but its impact didn't have to be nearly as bad as it was... and, one year later, it's STILL a mess...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page