Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: NYT: embarrassed by the truth...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, July 10, 2006

NYT: embarrassed by the truth...?

the headline...

Detainee Rights Create a Divide on Capitol Hill

but, as always with the nyt (and even more with the wapo), the headlines are misleading... what might appear at first glance as yet another dem-repub split, guess what...? it's a REPUB-REPUB split...
The Supreme Court decision striking down the use of military commissions to bring terrorism detainees to trial has set off sharp differences among Republicans in Congress over what kind of rights detainees should be granted and how much deference should be shown the president in deciding the issue.

here's the headline as it SHOULD read...

DETAINEE RIGHTS SPLIT REPUBLICANS
ON CAPITOL HILL...


there, doesn't that have a more honest ring to it...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page