Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Clamping down on the press... Are the blogs next...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Clamping down on the press... Are the blogs next...?

an interesting comment to my earlier post on brooks...
I'd say Brooks is merely the south-facing end of a northbound stalking horse.

And where, one wonders idly and whimsically, is Brooks's condemnation of the rampant right-wing vituperation against anyone and anything even one micron to the left of Lieberman? Has he, for example, said one cross word about the blodthirsty rants directed against the NY Times and its personnel (which you so appropriately link to Brooks's little tantrum)? Has he expressed even mild disapproval of the vicious personal attacks against non-reactionary judges? Since I make it a point never to read Brooks, and habitually change the station when comes on NPR, I wouldn't know for certain; but I seriously doubt it.

I've been following the Lieberman-Lamont race pretty closely, as my brother is very active in the Lamont campaign. I am quite confident that no Lamont supporter suggested that Lieberman ought to be sent to the gas chamber or fed poisoned creme brulee. The worst fate that anyone has wished him is to be returned to private life, where he can go about his kind-hearted and well-intentioned business.
The Continental Op

brooks may indeed be the anterior equine facade of which you speak, but he has nonetheless been a reliable bellwether of current administration thinking... methinks his recent attack on kos and the liberal/progressive blogosphere in general, his defense of lieberman that incorporates many of the same elements, in tandem with things like zengerle's insistence on peddling the nonsense of "blogofascism," all point to knives being sharpened and a readiness to take on blogs and the internet, a bastion of free speech that is becoming increasingly unacceptable in the growing repression of bushworld...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page