Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: This is just plain wrong
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, June 29, 2006

This is just plain wrong

go back and read my david sirota post from the other day if you need a refresher...
A US bankruptcy judge on Thursday granted Northwest Airlines the right to reject its flight attendants' contract and impose terms that would give the carrier USD$195 million in annual savings.

Judge Allan Gropper in New York's federal bankruptcy court said in his order that "the process of negotiation cannot drag on indefinitely," but he delayed the order for two weeks to give the airline and the flight attendants union more time to negotiate.

If Northwest and the Professional Flight Attendants Association fail to reach a deal in that time, Gropper said Northwest may impose the terms of a contract the workers rejected earlier this month.

can you say u-n-i-o-n b-u-s-t-i-n-g...? i wonder what the executive pension liability at nwa is...? any guesses...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page