Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Fighter planes for Pakistan
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, June 30, 2006

Fighter planes for Pakistan

WTF... i've posted several times (here, here, and here, among others) on the startlingly high levels of arms sales and defense materiel within the past year or so to both pakistan and india... given the history of hostilities between the two countries, reaching all the way back to pakistan's separation from india, it would seem that we're just increasing their ability to seriously damage each other if conflict flares again (as it probably will)...
The Bush administration's nuclear accord with India seems on track to easy passage in Congress, as the White House also proceeds with plans to equip Pakistan with F-16 fighter jets.

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page