Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: George Orwell: "When deceit becomes universal, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, May 31, 2006

George Orwell: "When deceit becomes universal, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."

colleen rowley at the huffpo...
Unfortunately over the past four years, speaking the truth has become even more revolutionary. Since the truth threatens those in power, the whistleblowers who have followed us have risked and suffered a great deal more. The administration has sought to silence potential whistleblowers, purged those they consider disloyal and aggressively retaliated against a host of government employees, even when those employees were required by law to expose corruption.

i am sitting here, writing this post, in a country that was part of the former yugoslavia, where consent was manufactured and dissent did not see the light of day, and i am asking, what is happening to my country...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page