Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Why didn't this "informal" NATO Foreign Ministers meeting make any news...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, April 28, 2006

Why didn't this "informal" NATO Foreign Ministers meeting make any news...?

Foreign Ministers of NATO will hold an informal meeting in Sofia, Bulgaria, on 27 and 28 April 2006, under the chairmanship of the NATO Secretary General, Mr. Jaap de Hoop Scheffer. The Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Bulgaria, His Excellency Mr. Ivaylo Kalfin, will host the meeting.

my god, there was security all over the place, helicopters buzzing around, black mercedes with police cars in front and behind speeding up and down the streets, the entire national cultural center and the huge surrounding plaza was barricaded, surrounding businesses were shut down for two days prior and for the two days during, apartment dwellers had to park up to ten blocks away and walk in and out lugging groceries and dragging kids, and i had to go through x-ray screening every time i came back to my hotel... condi rice was here, so obviously, there was something important to discuss... my guess...? why, iran, of course... keep your eye on the news... maybe something will turn up...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page