Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Me and Condi in the same town...? Sheesh...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Me and Condi in the same town...? Sheesh...



i arrived here in sofia, bulgaria, a few hours ago after driving from skopje, macedonia, only to find that condi will be arriving here tomorrow, fresh from baghdad and her soirée with rummy and the new iraqi prime minister, evidently with a bunch of other nations' foreign ministers in tow... needless to say, the city is crawling with police and security people, a number of streets are blocked off, and i had to pass through an x-ray screening device just to check in to my hotel... < snark > i simply can't tell you how thrilled i am... < /snark > i suppose the positive side is that i might actually have the opportunity to witness some news first hand...



The Bulgarian-Macedonian border,
26 April 2006, 4:30 p.m., Bulgarian time

(note: the above sight will NOT be what condi sees upon her arrival in bulgaria... there are armies of public servants out scrubbing sofia city streets, planting fresh flowering plants in the medians, and fixing potholes like mad... working stiffs like me come in to town the way most working stiffs come into town - the less scenic, bumpy, pot-holed way...)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page