Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The close-up on the latest EU report
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The close-up on the latest EU report

steve's got the details on the European Parliament's Temporary Committee on the Alleged Use of European Countries by the CIA for the Secret Transport and Illegal Detention of Prisoners latest report which states that "European governments condoned the abduction, transport and detention of terrorist suspects by the United States on European territory."

since i'm currently visiting one of the countries (bulgaria) suspected of being the location of one of the cia's "black site" prisons and just came from another (macedonia), this is of particular interest to me... i am glad to see that the topic hasn't fallen off the eu's table like it has in the u.s...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page