Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Fitz's Libby indictment "unconstitutional"
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, February 24, 2006

Fitz's Libby indictment "unconstitutional"

it's impossible to read this without guffawing... for one thing, it's total bullshit... even someone as inexpert and as distanced from legalities and technicalities as myself can see that patrick fitzgerald doesn't make a single move he isn't absolutely sure about... two, such an attempt on the part of libby's defense team is clearly made out of desperation... and three, the irony of a bushco criminal using constitutionality as a basis for argument is unutterably delicious...
Lawyers for Vice President Dick Cheney's former top aide asked a federal judge on Thursday to dismiss his indictment, saying the special prosecutor in the C.I.A. leak case lacked the authority to bring the charges.

Lawyers for the former aide, I. Lewis Libby Jr., said his indictment violated the Constitution because the special counsel, Patrick J. Fitzgerald, was not appointed by the president with the consent of the Senate. They added that the appointment violated federal law because the attorney general did not supervise the investigation. Only Congress, the lawyers said, can approve such an arrangement.

as long as we're going to put what's constitutional and what's not on the table, there are a few items from king george's reign that i'd like to mention...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page