Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: All you want or need to know about U.S. torture in a single interview
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, February 24, 2006

All you want or need to know about U.S. torture in a single interview

A new expose ["A Question of Torture: C.I.A. Interrogation, from the Cold War to the War on Terror," by Alfred McCoy, professor of history at the University of Wisconsin, Madison] gives an account of the C.I.A.'s secret efforts to develop new forms of torture, spanning half a century. It reveals how the C.I.A. perfected its methods, distributing them across the world, from Vietnam to Iran to Central America, uncovering the roots of the Abu Ghraib and Guantánamo torture scandals.

(from democracy now's february 17 interview of professor mccoy conducted by amy goodman, excerpted in alternet... the full transcript is available at democracynow.org...)

read it...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page