Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Bush at the U.N. - See the world as I see it...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Bush at the U.N. - See the world as I see it...

now that bolton's been seated as u.s. ambassador without benefit of senate confirmation and has already succeeded in derailing the u.n. reform plan and its goals for dealing with global poverty, bush swoops into town to remind the world's leaders, as if they didn't already know, that WHAT THEY CONSIDER IMPORTANT, HE DOESN'T...
There is broad opposition to the U.S.-led war in Iraq among the more than 160 presidents, prime ministers and kings gathered for three days of U.N. General Assembly meetings. Many leaders also would rather hear Bush finally relent and support an international treaty on global warming or promise to donate foreign aid at a level more proportionate to other rich nations.

But in his annual speech to the U.N. gathering Wednesday, Bush was hoping to impress upon his audience the urgency of addressing the world's problems as he sees them.

dear lord... please, have mercy... save us from any more people who see the world as bush does...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page