Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Another BGO - it's all leading to martial law
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Another BGO - it's all leading to martial law

in another blinding-glimpse-of-the-obvious, why-is-my-forehead-
so-flat-it's-because-i-keep-saying-"duh"-and-smacking-it moment, patriot daily brings me crashing down into reality: bushco is slyly laying the groundwork for giving the president the power to declare martial law in response to natural disasters... let's be real... it won't be only natural disasters... he wants broad powers to do as he pleases, when he pleases, without interference from those pesky constitutional protections... the pattern is clear... he's been heading that way since 9/11 and katrina is just the push he needed...

as american citizens, we consistently underestimate the guile, opportunism and danger presented by bushco... i'm not a natural-born conspiracy theorist but given the not-so-terrible track record of federal responses to other disasters, is it in the realm of remotest possibility that the federal response to katrina was DELIBERATELY DELAYED...? DANGER, DANGER, WILL ROBINSON...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page