Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Bushco and my massive deja vu
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, September 12, 2005

Bushco and my massive deja vu

i'm having bright flashes of deja vu...

when i worked for united airlines and was beating my head against a wall trying to make a difference, i nourished a fantasy of standing out in front of corporate headquarters in elk grove village, illinois, next to the flagpoles, dousing myself with gasoline and threatening to strike a match unless the senior officers of the company got their heads out of their asses and paid attention to the tragedy they were creating for the company... the second part of the fantasy had those self-same senior officers looking down at me from the executive suite on the second floor and commenting among themselves... "i sure hope he doesn't decide to do something like that HERE..." "think of the bad p.r..." "how terribly rude of him to cause a scene right here in front of corporate headquarters..." "i hope this doesn't make the evening news..."

in my desperate sense of urgency to DO SOMETHING about the criminal bush crowd, the same fantasy has once again reared its ugly head... i picture myself in front of the white house... this time, however, i am relatively confident that the only ones paying attention would be the d.c. police... i doubt george would ever even know, even if i did strike the match and burn myself alive and, if he was told, he would shrug it off in the same way he has done to cindy sheehan...

what has happened to my country...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page