Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Boston Globe: Shut up, Howard
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, June 08, 2005

Boston Globe: Shut up, Howard

Howard Dean should squelch the incendiary rhetoric on behalf of the Democratic National Committee. [...] It's . . . one more angry voice in a divided America, which desperately needs political leaders to lift the national vision and speak a language of civility. [...] He has . . . defined the political landscape as ''a struggle between good and evil."

i'm really torn on this... i'm all for civility and, god knows, we've already got way too much of a wwe atmosphere going in this country... on the other hand, my gut tells me that perhaps the time for civility has passed, that we are truly engaged in "a struggle between good and evil," and that, at this point, anything less than fighting hard and openly for what is right is complicity... i dunno... i just dunno...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page