Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Argentina & the IMF continue to make nice - maybe
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Argentina & the IMF continue to make nice - maybe

rodrigo de rato, imf managing director, issued a statement this morning on argentina...
"The Argentine authorities have informed Fund management of their desire to start negotiations with the IMF on a new economic program.

"The program supported by the Fund arrangement approved in September 2003 was not fully implemented because of a decision by the Argentine authorities to delay key structural elements of the program until completion of their debt restructuring. The authorities now believe that it is time to work toward a new IMF-supported program."

this oughta be interesting, particularly after argentina president néstor kirchner took this memorable shot a week ago...
‘‘The IMF focuses its attacks on me because I strongly defend the fatherland’s interests and refuse to court those interests that have permanently sunk us."

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page