Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Senator Warner is "leery..."
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Senator Warner is "leery..."

dontcha just love that word "leery...?"
Senator John W. Warner of Virginia is one of a select few Republicans at the center of a bipartisan courtship.

Mr. Warner has not decided whether to back the so-called nuclear option, a rule change that would bar Democrats from using the filibuster to block President Bush's judicial nominees. On Monday, he met with Senator Bill Frist, the majority leader and chief proponent of the change Then the Democratic leader, Senator Harry Reid of Nevada, invited him in. By Tuesday, still uncommitted, he sounded leery.

"I just look at this institution as really the last bastion of protecting the rights of the minority," Mr. Warner said, "and we should be very careful before we try and make any changes."

vewwwy, vewwwy caweful...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page