Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: give 'em HELL, Harry...!!!
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

give 'em HELL, Harry...!!!

Reid Accuses GOP of Arrogance on Courts

"If they don't get what they want, they attack whoever's around," said Senate Democratic leader Harry Reid of Nevada. "Now they're after the courts, and I think it goes back to this arrogancy of power."

You go, girl...!!


Republicans said judges' rejection of efforts to keep Schiavo alive was a separate issue from the dispute over the filibuster.

"I don't associate the two issues directly," said Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist, R-Tenn.


Bill, Bill, Bill...! Tsk,tsk. Do you think we just fell off the turnip truck?


But Democrats said it all comes back to Republicans wanting things their way, including Frist's plan to change Senate rules to stop Democrats from filibustering Bush's nominees.

"If people don't get what they want with judges, they change the rules. I think it's an arrogancy of power," Reid said.


You bet it is, Harry!

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page