Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Could someone KINDLY put this man out of my misery...?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Could someone KINDLY put this man out of my misery...?

(from Media Matters)


Reading from a prepared address about judges that he touted as "prophetic", Focus on the Family founder James C. Dobson conflated state circuit judges whose decisions he opposed with federal judges in order to rally support for President Bush's federal bench nominations; misstated the political leanings of several judges in order to support his flawed contention that the judiciary is out of step with "American opinion"; and called for the impeachment of six U.S. Supreme Court justices, including four Republican political appointees, as well as the abolition of a federal appeals court in San Francisco.

[...]

"The troublesome 9th Circuit of Appeals in San Francisco could be abolished and then staffed by different judges immediately. But the Congress has not had the political gumption to take any such action. Consequently, the courts arrogantly thumb their noses at other co-equal authorities."


This guy just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Maybe he'll eventually get so full of himself, he'll explode. If you have the stomach for it, here's a link to Dobson's full screed.

As long as I'm already nauseous, here's some more from Jimmy-boy.

"Pope John Paul was an uncompromising voice on the sanctity of life - in fact, his was one of the greatest contributions of the 20th century to that cause. The 'culture of life' will forever be indebted to the man who championed the value of all human life, even to his last breath."

Retch, gag, vomit.



And, fercryinoutloud, this horrible man and his wretched organization are based in my home town! ~rolls eyes~

P.S. I have disowned my home town. It always was a haven for dingbats and Ollie North types but it's gotten ever so much worse since god-knows-how-many Christian fundamentalist groups decided to headquarter there after Focus on the Family led the way. Now, even if I'm just driving through, I get queasy in the pit of my stomach. Sad.

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page