Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A massive march against "stop and frisk" in NYC
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A massive march against "stop and frisk" in NYC

people are rightfully pissed off and want to show it... good on them...

from rt...
On Sunday, a sea of protesters filled the streets of New York City to show their solidarity against the Big Apple's Stop and Frisk policy. Approximately 50,000 protesters gathered in a silent march to draw attention to the policy that they feel is targeting minorities. According to statistics, 685,724 were searched in 2011 and of those people, 53 percent were black and 34 percent were Latino. Critics argue that this procedure legalizes racial profiling and must be abolished.

Labels: , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page