Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Dear Senator Reid
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Dear Senator Reid

Dear Senator Reid,

This communication is prompted by the recent Senate rejection of the public option in the health care reform bill, but it also expresses my profound frustration and outright disgust with both you and the rest of our country's so-called representative leadership in any sort of viable domestic policy.

Furthermore, I am writing you from a vantage point nearly 10,000 miles away in Kabul, Afghanistan, where I witness daily the abject failure of my country's foreign policy.

The United States was founded on the principle of honoring, protecting and ensuring the common good, not only for U.S. citizens but also, in whatever constructive and peaceful means we might have at our disposal, the common good of the rest of the world.

Senator Reid, the United States, on a daily basis, systematically demonstrates its complete and total rejection of that founding principle. What the United States honors, protects and ensures is the health and welfare of those who can pay the most for it. It is not democracy, it is capitalism run amok.

And it is not just you, sir. It is all of your Senate and House colleagues who have made it clear, time and again, that you do not have my interests nor the interests of any of the great body of your constituents at heart.

Do the honorable thing, sir. Admit you have forsaken your sacred duty to the country you purport to serve and step down. If there is indeed a god, perhaps your colleagues will follow your example.

Sincerely,

Labels: , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page