Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Off to Kabul tomorrow
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Off to Kabul tomorrow

Photobucket

actually, i will spend most of tomorrow sitting on my tushie in the amman airport (they have free internet wireless, tho!) waiting for an evening flight to dubai where i will spend the night before flying on to kabul on friday...

i arrive in kabul mid-afternoon friday and, shortly thereafter, will be attending a wedding party for an afghan i worked with last time i was there and his new bride... it should be fun and you can plan on me posting some photos... i'm also particularly pumped because one of my friends has invited me over to fly kites from his roof terrace... the return of colder fall and winter weather to kabul means the sky over the city in the afternoon will be filled with kites... i made sure to pack my travel kite when i left buenos aires and it's been with me through my time in nevada and here in jordan... you can bet there will be photos of kite-flying too...

Labels: , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page