Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: View from the UK: energy, hope, light gravitates to Obama; McCain/Palin is a ticket to another cave of hell
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, September 22, 2008

View from the UK: energy, hope, light gravitates to Obama; McCain/Palin is a ticket to another cave of hell

i read an article in the sf chronicle yesterday which clicked with me and i forwarded it on to a friend in the uk...

first, here's the essence of the article...

I've heard from far too many enormously smart, wise, spiritually attuned people who've been intuitively blown away by Obama's presence - not speeches, not policies, but sheer presence - to say it's just a clever marketing ploy, a slick gambit carefully orchestrated by hotshot campaign organizers who, once Obama gets into office, will suddenly turn from perky optimists to vile soul-sucking lobbyist whores, with Obama as their suddenly evil, cackling overlord.

Here's where it gets gooey. Many spiritually advanced people I know (not coweringly religious, mind you, but deeply spiritual) identify Obama as a Lightworker, that rare kind of attuned being who has the ability to lead us not merely to new foreign policies or health care plans or whatnot, but who can actually help usher in a new way of being on the planet, of relating and connecting and engaging with this bizarre earthly experiment. These kinds of people actually help us evolve. They are philosophers and peacemakers of a very high order, and they speak not just to reason or emotion, but to the soul.

i usually only identify myself as a deeply spiritual person to those who i believe will accept it in like-minded fashion, and almost never in a public forum like this one, even tho', for all intents and purposes, this is MY forum... however, i was both pleased and amazed to see a discussion that's been on-going in a number of electronic venues i frequent finally emerging in the mainstream and, after forwarding it on to a good friend in the uk with whom i have had many deeply spiritual discussions, after receiving his reply, decided to put it up as a blog post... for, you see, my friend, as is his wont, immediately seized on the following two sentences that, given my incorrigible habit of article-skimming, had overlooked, two sentences that nicely sum up some of my very own feelings...
As one reader put it to me, in a way, it's not even about Obama, per se. There's a vast amount of positive energy swirling about that's been held back by the armies of BushCo darkness, and this energy has now found a conduit, a lightning rod, is now effortlessly self-organizing around Obama's candidacy.

i couldn't agree more... whether or not obama's the real deal, he is speaking to something in me that i have long had to severely repress in this cruel, social darwinian world that has been so carefully crafted by our current masters...

here's the perspective from my uk friend...

This is how I'm seeing it. That it's more about the energy, hope, and light gravitating towards Obama's candidacy. I remain unconvinced that Obama himself is the real deal, but with all this energy around him, I think he is well positioned to come very close to being the real deal. The McCain/Palin ticket gives me shivers. Its a ticket to another cave of Hell as far as I'm concerned.

i really, really like the way mark morford ends his column...
Don't buy any of it? Think that's all a bunch of tofu-sucking New Agey bulls--- and Obama is really a dangerously elitist political salesman whose inexperience will lead us further into darkness because, when you're talking national politics, nothing, really, ever changes? I understand. I get it. I often believe it myself.

Not this time.

ultimately, it comes down to what kind of belief system do we want to adopt, because, after all, it is our choice... do we put our energy toward the dark or the light...? will obama be our savior...? of course not... anyone who still harbors the savior theory of leadership had better think again... but can someone like obama be truly empowered by a critical mass of people who are yearning for the light...? yes, i think he can, and that is what i am choosing to believe...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page