Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: How I spent my money while on an airport layover in Houston
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, July 10, 2008

How I spent my money while on an airport layover in Houston

i should never go within 100 yards of a bookstore... when i visited my daughter a few weeks ago in minneapolis, she gave me a gift certificate for the bookstore where she works and i cruised the aisles feeling like the winner of a shopping spree... my book stash was depleted and, since i was heading back to argentina soon, it wasn't only a very thoughtful gift, it was also very timely...

however...

i arrived here in the houston airport about two hours ago, facing a four-hour layover before the flight to buenos aires... i was taking my time, moseying to the concourse where the ba flight was scheduled, when i was lured in by the siren song of borders... not only did i not escape unscathed, i walked out with a full-price, HARDBOUND book... sigh...

my justification...?

it's a book that, i believe, deserves a place of honor on my bookshelf...


The Prosecution Of George W. Bush For Murder

by Vincent Bugliosi

yeah, i confess, i had already decided to buy the book at some point... why...? largely because i found out that both the publisher and mr. bugliosi have been spectacularly unsuccessful in booking mr. bugliosi on any of the traditional book-shilling venues, INCLUDING the daily show... what better recommendation could any book have...?

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page