Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Leahy calls for HRC to give it up... IMHO, Obama should just ignore her...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, March 28, 2008

Leahy calls for HRC to give it up... IMHO, Obama should just ignore her...

let the avalanche of similar calls begin...

from jake tapper's blog at abc...

Sen. Pat Leahy, D-Vermont, the chair of the Senate Judiciary Committee and a high-profile supporter of Sen. Barack Obama, D-Illinois, has called for Obama's opponent to drop out of the race.

In an interview on Vermont Public Radio, said "There is no way that Senator Clinton is going to win enough delegates to get the nomination. She ought to withdraw and she ought to be backing Senator Obama. Now, obviously that's a decision that only she can make frankly I feel that she would have a tremendous career in the Senate."

Leahy said he was fretting about the impact of the protracted Democratic race.

"I am very concerned," he said. "John McCain, who has been making one gaffe after another, is getting a free ride on it because Senator Obama and Senator Clinton have to fight with each other. I think that her criticism is hurting him more than anything John McCain has said. I think that's unfortunate."


actually, my thinking lately has been that obama should simply begin acting like the presumptive nominee and start squaring off against mccain... continuing to battle hrc only reinforces her claim to be a still-viable candidate... ignoring her would very likely finish her off post haste...

p.s. i am still not entirely comfortable in my own mind with obama as THE MAN... i am, however, completely comfortable in my intense opposition to both hrc and mccain, so what's a body to do...?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page