Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Sunday videoblogging: Feria Mataderos, Buenos Aires
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Sunday videoblogging: Feria Mataderos, Buenos Aires



two friends and i decided to visit the feria mataderos last evening... i had been there once before over a year ago, and had been quite impressed, but last evening falls into that rare category of "peak experience"...

i have always had a warm spot in my heart for latin america, mostly due to an indefinable quality that i can only call corazón, which, literally translated, of course, means "heart," but also means "core"... if the feria mataderos experience can be defined, i would have to call it the corazón or core of argentina, and, indeed, of latin america...

what you will see in these video clips is, to me, the very core of argentina - happy people, música, baile (dancing), families, old, young, food, drink, traditional crafts, classic colonial setting, and the smell of the omnipresent argentine parillada (b-b-q) wafting through the air...

(in the last clip, keep your eye on the older, balding gentleman in the blue shirt... he is an amazing dancer and he was having SO much fun...)

enjoy...








Labels: , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page