Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: On the road
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, January 25, 2008

On the road

i'm sitting here at iah, george bush international airport in houston... i despise the place and that's not just because of the name... it's noisy, crowded, and, like so many other friggin' airports in these days of laptops and wireless, is ridiculously stingy with power outlets... that used to be much more of a problem for me until i got my current laptop a year and a half ago which, to my amazement, runs for well over five hours on battery power, and that's with half a dozen or more sites up concurrently and three of four different programs open... i know the intel centrino processor is considerably more frugal in its power needs than the pentium chip but i think the battery itself is also a lot better...

anywayz...

i got in here about an hour ago and have another five hours to sit on my ass before the flight leaves for buenos aires... aaaargh...

Labels: , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page