Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Finally...! Back home...!
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Finally...! Back home...!

goddam...! no matter HOW you cut it, it's a long haul back here... 3 hours from northern nevada to houston, a 7-hour layover in houston, and then a 10 hour 40 minute flight from houston to buenos aires... adding an overnight flight to the several nights of not-so-hot, tossing and turning sleep i've had this past week, has left me pretty much one whipped puppy...

however...

a good friend met me at ezeiza (buenos aires international airport), rode with me back to the house, waited while i did just enough unpacking to change into shorts, and then we walked to parque saavedra, one of my favorite neighborhood parks, chatting the whole way, then we swung by the supermercado on the way back where i picked up my usual assortment of provisions, and ambled back to the house... my friend headed back to his end of town, i went over and caught up with my dear landlady, came back, blew out my wireless router (don't ask!), am catching up online, will do some more unpacking, eat a bit, and crash... the temp is in the mid-80s F, there's a nice breeze, the neighborhood is in its saturday evening rhythm, and i'm damn glad to be back...

more later... (maybe...!)

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page