Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: United Airlines sucks the big green weenie
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, December 07, 2007

United Airlines sucks the big green weenie



after united airlines declared bankruptcy on my birthday, 9 december 2002, wiping out my entire retirement nest egg of employee stock shares, do you have any idea how it feels to read this little pile of bullshit...?
UAL will give shareholders a special payout of USD$2.15 per share, totaling about USD$250 million, United Airlines' parent said on Friday, marking a rare move by an airline to reward investors.

The US airline industry is still recovering from a five-year slump in which it racked up USD$35 billion in losses. During that time, several airlines went into bankruptcy, including United, wiping out shareholders' investments.

"This shareholder distribution underscores our commitment to creating value for our investors," UAL Chief Executive Glenn Tilton said in a statement.

UAL's move is a sign of the industry's financial recovery as well as the pressure faced by airline managers to reward investors. The payout could put pressure on other carriers in the highly competitive industry to follow suit.

yeah, lemme tell you about the "VALUE" you create for your investors... assholes...

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page