Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The City of Chicago wishes you a happy holiday season
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, December 20, 2007

The City of Chicago wishes you a happy holiday season

and, whatever you do, never miss an opportunity to indulge in paranoia...

Bureau of Strategic Deployment
DEPLOYMENT OPERATIONS CENTER

INFORMATION BULLETIN

2007-INF-049
08-NOV-2007

Winter Holiday Public Awareness Bulletin

Each year, the Winter Holiday Season tends to spur larger crowds
and increased traffic throughout the City. As it pertains to shop-

ping districts, public transportation routes, and all other places of
public assembly, the increased crowds become a matter of Home-
land Security concern. During this holiday period, as a matter of
public safety, we ask that all members of the general public
heighten their awareness regarding any and all suspicious activity
that may be an indicator of a threat to public safety. It is impor-
tant to immediately report any or all of the below suspect activi-
ties.

• Physical Surveillance (note taking, binocular use, cameras, video, maps)
• Attempts to gain sensitive information regarding key facilities
• Attempts to penetrate or test physical security / response procedures
• Attempts to improperly acquire explosives, weapons, ammunition, dan-
gerous chemicals, etc.
•
Suspicious or improper attempts to acquire official vehicles, uniforms,
badges or access devices
•
Presence of individuals who do not appear to belong in workplaces, busi-
ness establishments, or near key facilities
•
Mapping out routes, playing out scenarios, monitoring key facilities, tim-
ing traffic lights
•
Stockpiling suspicious materials or abandoning potential containers for
explosives (e.g., vehicles, suitcases, etc)
•
Suspicious reporting of lost or stolen identification

See Something, Say Something
CALL 911


(thanks to kevin at cryptogon...)

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page