Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Reason to celebrate, A Birthday!
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, November 18, 2007

Reason to celebrate, A Birthday!

A friend to the Constitution, Jolly Roger, is enjoying the Anniversary of his site, Reconstitution 2.0.
Feeling rather celebratory over this at a time when there is so much bad news, I thought I would cross post over here. Jolly Roger has a set of chromium balls, love of the Constitution, and a unique sense of humor. He and the Prof have a lot in common.


Some words of wisdom from one of the Founders. I think it highlights one of the reasons I comment and post here, and at
AYIDTIP.

Happy, thrice happy shall they be pronounced hereafter, who have contributed any thing, who have performed the meanest office in erecting this stupendous fabrick of Freedom and Empire on the broad basis of Independency; who have assisted in protecting the rights of humane nature and establishing an Asylum for the poor and oppressed of all nations and religions.

George Washington, General Orders, April 18, 1783


We can all give thanks, this time of year, because of the wisdom of a few from long ago. It ain't perfect, but the experiment was designed to grow with us as we became more "civilized".

Today, we face great troubles. Thanks to folks like Jolly Roger and my other friend, ProfMarcus, the rest of us are able to get information that isn't available on TV or in the papers. It isn't our "right" to read these things, it is our RESPONSIBILITY!

We are fortunate to have bloggers like these guys, who perform "the meanest of offices", to help us realize we are not alone.

Happy Birthday, Reconstitution 2.0.

And many thanks to ProfMarcus for giving my love of the wisdom of the Founding Fathers a place to live again, when we need them most.

Labels: ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page