Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Booman doesn't want to see Kucinich's impeachment resolution squashed
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Saturday, November 03, 2007

Booman doesn't want to see Kucinich's impeachment resolution squashed

and who can blame him...?
I've been advocating the impeachment of the president and vice-president ever since the FISA violations were revealed in December 2005. I am not going to make the case again here. In fact, I am not happy to learn that Dennis Kucinich is going to introduce a privileged resolution to bring articles of impeachment against Dick Cheney.
Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) announced today that he will be offering a privileged resolution on the House floor next week that will bring articles of impeachment against the Vice President, Richard B. Cheney.

“The momentum is building for impeachment,” Kucinich said. “Millions of citizens across the nation are demanding Congress rein in the Vice President’s abuse of power.

Do I disagree with any of that? No. Emphatically no. But I am so sick and tired of seeing the party's 'moderates' roll over and play dead that I don't think I can emotionally handle the spectacle of Kucinich's resolution getting the back of the hand from the Washington Establishment, the press, and the majority of elected Democratic officials.

my response...
as much as i agree with you about the total demoralizing effect of watching yet another highly appropriate and urgent effort squashed, i have to agree that it's important to keep this stuff visible and to force the co-conspirators and collaborators out into the light of day...

keep in mind too, it won't only be the impeachment resolution and the 21 who get smacked down, it will be done in the context of the goofy, ridiculous, woo-woo, ufo-sighting, weirded-out freak that is the picture of kucinich we are being force-fed by the media, because, you see, only somebody as deluded as THAT could possibly support impeachment...

by all means, gird your loins and dump the thoughts of shooting yourself, and instead take some comfort at the fact that nancy is going to have to look at the very thing she has stonewalled lying right there "on the table..."

Labels: , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page