Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Ray McGovern gets thrown out of Petraeus' hearing for asking that Petraeus be sworn in
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, September 10, 2007

Ray McGovern gets thrown out of Petraeus' hearing for asking that Petraeus be sworn in

what in the holy hell would cause such sensitivity about petraeus being sworn in...?
It had dawned on me that when House Armed Services Committee Chairman Ike Skelton, D-Missouri, invited Gen. Petraeus to make his presentation, Skelton forgot to ask him to take the customary oath to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. I had no idea that would be enough to get me thrown out of the hearing.

[...]

I had not the slightest hesitation being sworn in when testifying before the committee assembled by Rep. John Conyers, D-Michigan, on June 16, 2005. Should generals be immune? Or did his masters wish to give him a little more assurance that he could play fast and loose with the truth without the consequences encountered by Scooter Libby.

i had so little interest in petraeus' testimony that i've barely followed the reports... i figured, rightly so, that the good general would only be spouting the bush administration approved line, and, from the little i've read, that was clearly the case... i'm dumbfounded, however, to find that ray mcgovern was expelled from the hearing for the mere suggestion that petraeus testimony should be given under oath... what the f*** is the matter with my country...?

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page