Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: In memory of 9/11: Keith Olbermann's "Special Comment" from 9/11/2006
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

In memory of 9/11: Keith Olbermann's "Special Comment" from 9/11/2006



on 9/11/2001, i was working for united airlines at washington dulles international airport... my memories of that day are as vivid as they are of the day john f. kennedy was assassinated, the day the cuban missile crisis came to a head, and the day i arrived in vietnam for the first time as a young, scared to death, and wet-behind-the-ears army private... i stood under a jetway on the eerily quiet and empty tarmac, outside the passenger concourse, a tarmac devoid of the usual ear-splitting roar of moving aircraft, and waved goodbye to our crisis team as they boarded vans for the drive up to pennsylvania to the site of the crash of flight 93... i knew the world would never be the same...

Labels: , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page