Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Gore in the Guardian
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, May 27, 2007

Gore in the Guardian

the guardian offers an excerpt from gore's new book, the assault on reason...
The seductive appeal of exercising unconstrained unilateral power led this president to interpret his powers under the constitution in a way that brought to life the worst nightmare of the founders.

not having read the book, i can only comment on the excerpt, which i find disappointing in that the above is the only hint i can find of gore's admission that the u.s. is in a bona fide constitutional crisis... bush is not "interpreting" his powers, he has DEFINED them in ways that are blatantly unconstitutional and i am sorry to see al gore skirting that fundamental point...

Labels: , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page