Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: The chances that the fired attorneys and Rove's swing states aren't connected is 1 in 10,000
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The chances that the fired attorneys and Rove's swing states aren't connected is 1 in 10,000

drational at kos does some karl rove math...

first, he lists the key 2008 swing states identified by rove...

You know, I think in 2008, there will be a number of states which will be competitive that are familiar states: Pennsylvania, Michigan, Ohio, maybe not Florida, Colorado, Arkansas, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Nevada, Iowa, New Mexico.

then he matches them up with states in which u.s. attorneys were fired...



then he does a little statistical analysis (i'll spare you the math which i don't follow anyway)...
[T]he odds that the fired USAs and Rove’s Politically Important states randomly matching up the way they did are 1 in seven hundred thirty five thousand, six hundred and twenty seven.

and then, in an update from a commenter who offers a more rigorous chi square (?) analysis, we learn...
The chances this association are random is less than one in 10,000.

to quote my dear, departed mother, "well, how 'BOUT that...!"

Labels: , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page