Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Sampson on firing Fitzgerald: "They just looked at me like I had said something totally inappropriate"
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Thursday, March 29, 2007

Sampson on firing Fitzgerald: "They just looked at me like I had said something totally inappropriate"

the fact that this man could have made a suggestion like this, even in jest, tells me more about what a clueless son-of-a-bitch he is than anything else possibly could...
In a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing today, witness D. Kyle Sampson, the former chief of staff to Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, admitted that he had suggested removing Patrick Fitzgerald from his position as a US Attorney in the Northern District of Illinois while Fitzgerald was still working as the Special Prosecutor in the case involving former White House aide I. Lewis "Scooter" Libby.

In an exchange with Senator Richard Durbin (D-IL), the Senator asked if he had ever recommended the removal of Fitzgerald from office.

"In one meeting, I raised Patrick Fitzgerald, and immediately after I did it, I regretted it, I knew it was the wrong thing to do, it was inappropriate, and [Harriet] Miers and [Bill] Kelly said nothing, they just looked at me.

Durbin then asked how they reacted.

"They just looked at me like I had said something totally inappropriate," he explained.

unbelievable... or, should i say, un-friggingly-believable...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page