Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Uh-oh! McConnell departs from Bushco's revealed truths
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Uh-oh! McConnell departs from Bushco's revealed truths

so, the new intelligence chief, like a debutante at the ball, tries to show the world that he's worthy of his new post, and what happens...? he blows it right off the bat...
McConnell meanwhile characterized security in Iraq as "moving in a negative direction" and said that the term "civil war" aptly describes elements of the conflict there.

"Unless efforts to reverse these conditions gain real traction during the 12-18 month time frame ... we assess that the security situation will continue to deteriorate at rates comparable to the latter half of 2006," McConnell told lawmakers on the Senate Armed Services Committee.

McConnell said "the term 'civil war' accurately describes key elements of the Iraqi conflict" including the hardening of sectarian divisions and population "displacements."

oh my, oh my... now it's a CIVIL WAR, is it...? eliza dolittle, he ain't... where's 'enry 'iggins when we need him...?

oh, and btw... he was appearing before the senate armed services committee to further hype the iran threat... why won't the bastards just give it a rest...?

Labels: , , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page