Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Some unanticipated drama as we await a verdict
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, February 26, 2007

Some unanticipated drama as we await a verdict

it's astounding to me how the judge can issue explicit instructions to a jury to refrain from reading, listening to, or watching news reports, and a juror goes ahead and does it anyway... at least it wasn't declared a mistrial...
CNN reports that one female juror was dismissed from the case, and that they will now proceed with only eleven jurors, so no mistrial was called. The dismissed juror is reportedly a white woman in her seventies, and is curator at a museum.

According to CNN, special prosecutor Patrick Fitzgerald wanted an alternate juror brought in, and objected to continuing with only eleven jurors, but Judge Walton overruled.

MSNBC also reported that Libby was seen smiling in the courtroom throughout the discussions between the judge and lawyers. Shuster speculated that the body language of one of the alternates suggests she was hostile to the defense.

so, we continue to wait...

Labels: ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page