Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: I would not like Michael Smerconish as my next-door neighbor
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, February 25, 2007

I would not like Michael Smerconish as my next-door neighbor

and then find out what was going on in his backyard...
After my boys recently requested new targets for paintball in the backyard, I found myself online, ordering a 25-pack of Osama bin Laden likenesses for $19.97.

there's a wealth of information buried in just that one sentence... it was the opening to a huffpo piece by smerconish on his anger and frustration at the failure of the u.s. to apprehend osama, but it didn't matter what else he had to say because i couldn't get the image of his boys, taking aim at osama's likeness on a paintball target, out of my mind... first of all, let's be clear... paintball is simulated war... there's simply no other way to describe it... i happen to know paintball players (my own son is one) and they are uniformly good people, but, still in all, paintball is what it is... then add to that the fantasy of actually KILLING someone, whether it be osama or your paintball buddy, and i get cold chills... it's the little snippets like this one that give us clues to a person's real character, and i think i just got a big clue to the character of michael smerconish...

Labels: , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page