Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Fitz: "...unlike anything I've ever seen..."
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, February 23, 2007

Fitz: "...unlike anything I've ever seen..."

pachacutec, posting on firedoglake, shares his perspective on fitzgerald's closing argument in the libby trial... it's really outstanding reading...
All about me, right from the outset of Pat's closing argument, I saw people begin to look at each other. Furtive, sidelong looks popped out all over. There I sat just behind the defense table, and I watched the lawyers sag and share occasional "oh shit" looks.

[...]

This was no Fred Thompson television lawyer fakery. This was the real deal, immediate, authentic and vibrant, frankly unlike anything I've ever seen in any film or stage play.

[...]

Sometimes Fitz's voice seemed to quaver with righteous fury, other times he mocked himself, as in the time he went shuffling through his exhibit book and said to the jury something like, "This is where I pretend to look organized, shuffling through my papers, and you pretend to believe I actually know what I'm doing." This got a giggle, not big laughs, but he was not playing for laughs: he was just being genuine and a bit authentic. The jury was with him every step of the way, from all I could see.

[...]

The verdicts will be the final arbiter of this trial's winners and losers, but based purely on being there, feeling it, soaking it all in and watching everyone around me, including close inspection of the defense team, the day of closing arguments belonged to one man, and one man alone.

as an amateur psychologist and an avid student of human behavior (particularly my own), i am always fascinated when i read an obviously superior analysis of a dramatic scenario... my hat is off to pachacutec... brilliant work...

Labels: ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page