Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Wow...! ANOTHER call for impeachment - of GONZALES!
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Wow...! ANOTHER call for impeachment - of GONZALES!

cool...
[T]he Justice Department Gonzales built [is] the kind of ethical mess you might expect to see with a real estate lawyer, known more for a dogged loyalty to the man who made his career than to any dedication to the rule of law, serving as the nation's chief law enforcement officer. These investigations are likely to provide more than enough fodder for Congress to consider hearings into Gonzales's fitness to serve as the U.S. Attorney General, as if his views on habeas corpus weren't enough. I'm with John Dean.
In the history of U.S. Attorney Generals, Alberto Gonzales is constantly reaching for new lows. So dubious is his testimony that he is not afforded the courtesy given most cabinet officers when appearing on Capitol Hill: Congress insists he testify under oath. Even under oath, Gonzales's purported understanding of the Constitution is historically and legally inaccurate, far beyond the bounds of partisan interpretation.

Dean says he should resign. I say he should be impeached.

i'm with you, mcjoan... oh, yeah... john dean too...

Labels: , , , , ,

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page