Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: What the world COULD be...
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

What the world COULD be...

from one pissed off liberal at daily kos...
What is it going to take to get people to realize that small incremental change is never going to make a real difference? It is massive, fundamental change that is called for and that is the only change that can help at this point. As it stands, we are the world’s leading warmongers, war profiteers, and purveyors of the implements of mass murder. This is not something in which we can take pride, and it’s not something which we can sustain.

i will repeat the comment i made to his diary...
i share your rage and i sense your underlying despair... i struggle with it myself... i encourage you, as i often have to encourage myself, to keep firmly in mind a picture of what this world COULD be, because when the house of cards does tumble, as it inevitably will, we need to be prepared to walk into the light...

let me add that i happen to also share the belief that incremental change is not going to fix things... i have watched my entire life as symptoms were treated, but the underlying disease was left to fester...

it so happens that i DO have a clear picture in my head of what this wonderful world COULD be... i used to think i didn't, but then i realized that i have ALWAYS had it, and that it only became clouded when i allowed myself to sink too far into the bottomless pit of bullshit that is served up daily by those who seek to keep us in thrall... as the new year approaches, let us remember that we ALL have that picture... it is part of our human heritage... let us bring it to the fore of our consciousness and let it shine...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page