Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: A snapshot: the Economist eyes this week's news
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Friday, December 01, 2006

A snapshot: the Economist eyes this week's news

i'm not a huge fan of the economist, although it's not a bad guide as to what the global elites are thinking... even so, you can be sure you won't see any of these teasers in the mainstream u.s. media...
The falling dollar

It's a symptom of the American economy's weakness, and is therefore likely to drop further

Bush in the Middle East

A weak Iraqi prime minister met a weakened American president

The pope in Turkey

Christianity's top man steps into a spiritual minefield

and, you can bet your sweet bippy* you won't see "weakened american president..."

* p.s. yes, i'm definitely dating myself... the phrase, "you bet your sweet bippy," was one of the popular catch phrases of the tv show, rowan and martin's laugh-in, whose last season was 1972-73...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page