Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: I believe everything, I believe nothing about 9/11, but how about some answers?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Monday, December 11, 2006

I believe everything, I believe nothing about 9/11, but how about some answers?

i am as skeptical of those trying to debunk the 9/11 truth movement as i am of those trying to push it...
The danger is that the more this government's cynicism and deception are laid bare, the more people -- on the left in particular and among the public in general -- will be drawn down the rabbit hole of delusion of the 9/11 Truth Movement.

to me, the "rabbit hole of delusion" is when the american people, having been force-fed the belief that our country is fundamentally good and that our leaders, while they may be incompetent, could never stoop to such dastardly deeds, refuse to accept that these same leaders could indeed be capable of genuine atrocities... the united states is not immune to a pinochet, particularly when it's the u.s. who often gives a pinochet the means to carry out his crimes...

do i believe our leaders are capable of atrocities...? yes... do i believe our current leaders have committed atrocities...? yes, and from all that's come out so far, they indeed HAVE committed atrocities... do i believe there's a great deal we still don't know...? yes... do i believe that what we still don't know will horrify us even more than what we already know...? yes... do i believe our government orchestrated the 9/11 attacks...? i don't know... do i believe it's possible...? yes... do i WANT to believe they did it...? no... do i believe there's too many unanswered questions about 9/11...? yes, absolutely... and that last point is where i find myself aligned with the 9/11 truth movement... i want those answers, and i don't believe that seeking them is falling down "the rabbit hole of delusion..."

in closing, am i skeptical of those insisting that 9/11 was a conspiracy of the u.s. government...? yes... am i skeptical of those insisting it WASN'T...? yes...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page