Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Political strategy: co-opting Joe Lieberman
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Political strategy: co-opting Joe Lieberman



what an ugly, ugly business, and what an ugly, ugly man...
Senator Joe Lieberman, forced to run as an Independent to win reelection, will be retaining his leadership position in the Democratic Party and become chairman of the Homeland Security Committee, MSNBC is reporting.

[...]

After meeting with his party colleagues today, Lieberman told the press that he was pleased with the warm reception he received. Lieberman had faced a tough election battle against challenger Ned Lamont who beat the 2000 vice presidential nominee in the Democratic primary.

"Obviously, I've been changed by the election, so now I'm an independent Democrat, but everybody was very warm and welcomed me back," Lieberman said today. "I look forward to working with them."

During a talk show interview this weekend, Lieberman floated the idea of participating in Republican caucuses if he felt unwelcomed by Democrats. But with Lieberman in a leadership position, the party can maintain its 51-49 Senate majority.

so, what good is a 51-49 majority if lieberman's 110% behind bush anyway...?

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page