Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: My dinner with Susan
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, October 01, 2006

My dinner with Susan

in the spirit of the movie, "my dinner with andre," i had a perfectly lovely dinner, full of excellent conversation, with an individual i had only met once before, in another country, this past may... why i believe it warrants a blog post is that we found we were kindred spirits on many things, but, in particular, on the subject of what george bush and his band of madmen are doing to the united states of america... we also found common ground in what we are each individually trying to do to make a difference in our work... it's quite remarkable to fly halfway around the world, have a stupid airline lose your bag, have to buy new clothes, be so jet-lagged and tired that your ass is literally dragging, and then to have such a delightful experience... the world is definitely a very interesting place...

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page