Blog Flux Directory Subscribe in NewsGator Online Subscribe with Bloglines http://www.wikio.com Blog directory
And, yes, I DO take it personally: Does Uncle Dick really think that cursing at somebody fixes anything?
Mandy: Great blog!
Mark: Thanks to all the contributors on this blog. When I want to get information on the events that really matter, I come here.
Penny: I'm glad I found your blog (from a comment on Think Progress), it's comprehensive and very insightful.
Eric: Nice site....I enjoyed it and will be back.
nora kelly: I enjoy your site. Keep it up! I particularly like your insights on Latin America.
Alison: Loquacious as ever with a touch of elegance -- & right on target as usual!
"Everybody's worried about stopping terrorism. Well, there's a really easy way: stop participating in it."
- Noam Chomsky
Send tips and other comments to: profmarcus2010@yahoo.com /* ---- overrides for post page ---- */ .post { padding: 0; border: none; }

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Does Uncle Dick really think that cursing at somebody fixes anything?

truly, truly pathetic...
Today on Meet the Press, Bob Woodward described how Vice President Dick Cheney called him 10 days ago about Woodward’s new book State of Denial. Woodward says Cheney cursed at him (”he said what I was saying was bull-something”) and then hung up the phone.

Woodward called Cheney’s behavior a “metaphor for what’s going on. Hang up when somebody has a different point of view or information you don’t want to deal with.”

yeah, bob, but you didn't take the metaphor far enough... it ain't just about stuff you don't want to deal with... it's also about doing whatever you damn well please, all under the bogus banner of the "unitary executive" and the aumf... damn the congress, damn the courts, damn international agreements, damn diplomatic protocol, and, for sure, damn the united states constitution...

(thanks to think progress...)

Submit To Propeller


And, yes, I DO take it personally home page